Booking options include booking online, requesting an invoice to be sent 'offline' by email and quoting ('offline') for large groups at a company (e.g. hosting by a school).
The automated booking process and payment is done through Book Online where you can 'Add to basket', view it and proceed to make payment. For more than one attendee select the number on the specific workshop page or under 'Quantity' in the 'Basket' page. When proceeding to the 'Checkout' page note that an account is created with a user name (automatically created) and a password supplied by yourself if you not already have an account; this username can then be changed if you so wish. The automated online process is recommended for a quicker turnaround time.
Request an invoice
A company, e.g. a school, often request an 'offline' invoice to be sent by email. Use the online process as above but at checkout, after filling in the 'biographical' information, choose the option to request an invoice for payment to be made upon receipt of the invoice. Note: add in a note about any other requirements that the company (e.g. the school) has in the block called 'Additional information'. (an online invoice is created anyway and attached for information purposes to the automated email reply when the checkout is completed)
Note: the EFT and 'Payfast' payment method is available under both the online and 'request an invoice' process.
Quote for hosting a large group at a school
- Go to Book Online
- Note the name of the workshop of your choice
- Send then an email to email@example.com for the attention of Gary stating the following:
- Request a quote for the workshop chosen
- Give the number of attendees interested; the full details attendees will be requested once quote is accepted;
- The name for whose account the booking is, i.e. the company name (e.g. of school);
- The company's street address and contact number
- Further details in respect of minimum attendee numbers and fee pp, administrative, logistical and marketing details are discussed;
- A quote will then be sent by email for the prospective hosting school / body when there is broad agreement on the above details;
- An invoice will be sent once the quote is accepted;
- Note: the fee is largely determined by the cost of the presenters as professionals that have many years of experience to ensure a high quality workshop;
- When an invoice is received by the payer, payment can then be made by EFT; the bank details are given below:
- Traecan Pty Ltd
- Standard Bank, Menlyn Square branch code 012345
- Account number 012158283
- Reference for your payment: the order number given in the invoice
- Please note our terms and conditions
- A provisional booking is made when an invoice is sent
- Email proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS to Gary at 083 415 9594
- Booking is confirmed when payment is received; further details about the attendees may then be requested or confirmed
- For further enquiries email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gary at 083 415 9594
Online sessions to watch out for:
Here are procedures on making sure one's webinar / online attendance is successful:
... the internet connection ...
- View a session preferably on a desktop computer or laptop; note that for a tablet or smartphone it may be more awkward as there is usually no separate keyboard or mouse.
- A stable internet connection like ADSL or 3G is recommended; note all communication will be on VOIP (basically per internet), i.e. not per telephone call.
- If you have not attended a webinar / online before please test your connection beforehand; the webinar session will be open before the scheduled time to ensure all are able to join in time.
... joining in ...
- A link to join is sent to one's email that was used to confirm one's booking. When the link is clicked it will open up a box where you can click a button that says 'Open URL:Zoom Launcher' to launch the Zoom session; a free Zoom app ('Zoom' is the webinar software we are using, similar to Skype) is used. Follow the instructions.
- If its the first time the Zoom app is loaded the Zoom_launch.exe file will be downloaded and a big orange arrow points to it. Click here and press 'Open' and then click to 'run'. The app will be loaded taking a minute or so. You will be prompted for your name, accept or change your name; put in your full name as was supplied for the booking.
- A window will open up where one can test if one can hear adequately; you can also test if your mic is working. Click the button to join the meeting by audio. (If the 'waiting room' option is on, the 'host' will add you to the session);
... participating ...
- We will generally not have the video feed (from the computers' cameras) on for all participants to save on bandwidth / data for all participants; it also helps to make data transfer, and thus the session, more stable and to minimize feedback (echoing); in any event participants will see a presentation or a white board with information during the session;
- Generally we would only have the presenters’ microphone on; questions and comments can be typed in the chat section (click the 'chat' bubble to start); participants’ mics would be un-muted when verbal inputs are to be made.
- (if applicable) At the start of the webinar, you will be requested, for record purposes for professional development points (e.g. for SACE), to type in your full name in the chat section and at the end of the session a short comment about the webinar. The record of the chat will be attached to the attendance register drawn up and sent in e.g. to SACE; a video and audio recording is enabled as backup.
Online events, webinars completed:
10 Oct 2018; 18h30 to 20h00√: Matric maths revision: trigonometry
4 Oct 2018; 18h30 to 20h00√: Matric maths revision: calculus
20 Sep 2018; 18h00 to 20h00√: Trauma; know the impact
23 Aug 2018; 18h00 to 20h00√: Manage Worry and Anxiety
12 Jul 2018; 18h00 to 20h00√: Learn the skills to manage depression
15 May 2018; 14h00 to 16h30√: Identifying and managing child ADHD
13 Feb 2018; 14h00 to 16h30 √: Managing the after effects of traumatic events
3 Oct 2017; 18h30 √: Free Q & A Webinar on the 2018 Educator CPTD Program:
30 Aug 2017 √; 17h00: Free Q&A Webinar on the Matric Science Experiments hands-on workshops for educators.
28 Aug 2017 √; 18h30: Free Q&A Webinar on the Depression Group Sessions
17 Aug 2017 √: Free Q&A Webinar on child anxiety and ADHD workshops